Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

crafting for the rest of us

Go down 
+3
GPharaoh
Sarah the DM
harmjustice
7 posters
AuthorMessage
harmjustice

harmjustice

crafting for the rest of us Empty
PostSubject: crafting for the rest of us   crafting for the rest of us Icon_minitimeFri May 08 2009, 08:47

Why not put potions back in the game , let us make our own potions , I was fun Question just limit the potions like you do true strike and heroism then you wont have the over using but A reward system...

ps... don't say you can't make that work your great scripter...

What i meen is this I have toons that don't craft weapon @ all but whould craft potions...

Last edited by harmjustice on Sun May 10 2009, 16:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: crafting for the rest of us   crafting for the rest of us Icon_minitimeFri May 08 2009, 18:15

I would put potion crafting back in the game, but I first need to understand the process. It's something I never messed with, so what exactly do you need to craft a potion. How often can you make one, what materials does it use, and what kind of potions can you make?
Back to top Go down
GPharaoh

GPharaoh

PostSubject: Re: crafting for the rest of us   crafting for the rest of us Icon_minitimeFri May 08 2009, 18:50

The character can create a potion of any spell of 3rd level or lower that the character knows and that targets a single creature. When casting a spell on an empty bottle, all metamagic aspects are ignored.
*Prior to version 1.69, brewed potions — unlike other potions — could not be used while polymorphed, nor could they be dragged onto an associate's portrait to cause the associate to drink the potion.*
I myself have never brew a single potion, so I don't know if its possible to brew higher lvl spells. I suggest you remove potion of heroism and add tridents maybe.
Fix tenser's transformation so it only improves attacks per round by two.
I am wondering if its somehow possible to stop players from casting epic spell: dragon knight on sequencer's robe because that's too much of an adventage. *can be used to beat vile king if you can summon silver dragon that way.*
Back to top Go down
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/
pugz

pugz

PostSubject: Re: crafting for the rest of us   crafting for the rest of us Icon_minitimeFri May 08 2009, 19:15

yea but u have to kill vile king to be able to put a silver draggy on a robe and if u dont have his key all u will summon is a green 1 even if sum1 with viles key puts the draggy on it for u
Back to top Go down
GPharaoh

GPharaoh

PostSubject: Re: crafting for the rest of us   crafting for the rest of us Icon_minitimeFri May 08 2009, 19:52

I am pretty sure i saw Dark running around with silver dragon in Far East mod, and I don't think she has beaten Vile King yet. To get Silver Dragon you have to be Lawful Good and 60lvl maybe with killed dracula.
Back to top Go down
Nuli

PostSubject: Re: crafting for the rest of us   crafting for the rest of us Icon_minitimeSat May 09 2009, 02:45

I like the potion creation idea! Harper Scouts FTW!

Off topic, but I agree with GPharaoh, the silver dragon should NOT be able to be added to sequencer robes. I personally think those robes should be removed totally or limited to be only usable by Sorcerers, Wizards, and Bards. Whenever I find those robes in loot I NEVER sell them or give them away so that noone will get any benefit from it, they simply take up space in my inventory forever.

Nuli
Back to top Go down
pugz

pugz

PostSubject: Re: crafting for the rest of us   crafting for the rest of us Icon_minitimeSat May 09 2009, 14:57

you cannot put a silver dragon on a robe...... it puts a green dragon on the robe. and when u kill vile king the green dragon becomes a silver dragon. u prolly saw her silver dragon when she was playing her sorc.
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

PostSubject: Re: crafting for the rest of us   crafting for the rest of us Icon_minitimeSat May 09 2009, 15:23

Yes I was on my sorcerer with the silver dragon and NO I have NOT put the drapon on a robe, not on far east. If it's not one thing it's another , why not remove mages all together your wanting everything else removed why not, lets make you happy ok?

DarkSky
Back to top Go down
GPharaoh

GPharaoh

PostSubject: Re: crafting for the rest of us   crafting for the rest of us Icon_minitimeSat May 09 2009, 17:47

what is your problem dark? having some issues there or what the heck. COuld u for GODS sake stop whining over and over? what does THIS "topic" has to do with pvp as you refer to it.

Last edited by GPharaoh on Sat May 09 2009, 20:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GPharaoh

GPharaoh

PostSubject: Re: crafting for the rest of us   crafting for the rest of us Icon_minitimeSat May 09 2009, 18:19

pugz wrote:
you cannot put a silver dragon on a robe...... it puts a green dragon on the robe. and when u kill vile king the green dragon becomes a silver dragon. u prolly saw her silver dragon when she was playing her sorc.
yes i saw Dark playing on her sorc with a silver dragon, but I THIS IS AN EXAMPLE THAT YOU CAN GET SILVER DRAGON BEFORE KILLING VILE KING SO WHAT DOES KILLING VILE KING HAS TO DO WITH IT? IF A CASTER CAN GET SILVER DRAGON WHEN lawful good and 60lvl SO CAN ANYONE WITH epic spell: Dragon Knight.

GPharaoh wrote:
I am wondering if its somehow possible to stop players from casting epic spell: dragon knight on sequencer's robe because that's too much of an adventage. *can be used to beat vile king if you can summon silver dragon that way.*

do i have to break this sentence to parts to explain it to some of you, because you seem not to understand what its written there... just take a look at the last line and what does it say? it says [b]IF you CAN summon silver dragon THAT WAY. GOSH can't you people read with understanding or what>?
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: crafting for the rest of us   crafting for the rest of us Icon_minitimeSat May 09 2009, 22:10

There are silver and gold dragons. Gold is for killing the Vile King. Silver is for killing Dracula. Sequencer robes will be changed, if possible, so that only the person using the robe can cast/extract spells from it. Other than that, I don't have a problem with it. Until I change the coding, you can use them however they presently allow.

Back to the potions...

So the only thing you need to create a potion is an empty bottle?

What limits the amount of potions you create?
Back to top Go down
GPharaoh

GPharaoh

PostSubject: Re: crafting for the rest of us   crafting for the rest of us Icon_minitimeSun May 10 2009, 00:17

Yes, you only need Empty bottles to brew potions. It's the same with scribe scroll, you only need blank scroll.(how about adding them both?)

I don't think there's a limit on how many potions can be created. I am sure you can create as many potions untill you get to the point when you can't loose no more experience. It also costs some gold.

Quote :
Brewing a potion will cost a small amount of XP as well as some gold to cover the material cost. The cost for brewing a potion depends on the level of the spell as well as the level of the resulting potion. Some examples:

* A potion of bless (1) will cost 50 gold and 2 XP.
* A potion of prayer (5) will cost 750 gold and 30 XP.

Quote :
The cost for scribing a scroll depends on the level of the spell as well as the level of the resulting scroll. Some examples:

* A scroll of bless (1) will cost 25 gold and 6 XP.
* A scroll of fireball (5) will cost 375 gold and 15 XP.
* A scroll of chain lightning (11) will cost 1650 gold and 66 XP.

Last edited by GPharaoh on Sun May 10 2009, 02:42; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nuli

PostSubject: Re: crafting for the rest of us   crafting for the rest of us Icon_minitimeSun May 10 2009, 01:17

I believe brewing potions costs X amount of gold pieces and Y amount of experience where X = sumthin like 100 X spell level (max 3rd level) and Y = sumthin like 50 X spell level. So a level 3 potion for example would cost 300 gp and 150 xp. Those may not be the correct values tho, but that is in essence how it works.

Nuli
Back to top Go down
rexfilius

PostSubject: Re: crafting for the rest of us   crafting for the rest of us Icon_minitimeSun May 10 2009, 03:58

Fairly new here, but I have played Dx & Dx2 b4 returning to KT. The solution for the Dragon Knight being used on sequencer robes ( a non-issue imho) is to amp the spellcraft to 40 in order to use.

Bashing another player on the forums doesn't help either. But to each his own. But back to topic forum; Nuli pretty much nailed the potion crafting.
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

PostSubject: Re: crafting for the rest of us   crafting for the rest of us Icon_minitimeSun May 10 2009, 15:00

Thank you "rexfilius" nicely put.

Another thing that bothers me is the put downs and telling people to go back to school and learn or "STFU" and I don't have to spell it out or say names. Putting players down isn't a very nice thing to do, just be lucky you have a nice place to play and stop looking for reason/things to change, if you don't like the way Sarah has it then you don't have to play there, but when things don't go your way don't take it out on others.

DarkSky
Back to top Go down
GPharaoh

GPharaoh

PostSubject: Re: crafting for the rest of us   crafting for the rest of us Icon_minitimeSun May 10 2009, 21:47

rexfilius wrote:
Bashing another player on the forums doesn't help either. But to each his own.

Thank you rexfilius, but i think SOME still don't understand.
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

PostSubject: Re: crafting for the rest of us   crafting for the rest of us Icon_minitimeSun May 10 2009, 23:13

CHEERS!
Back to top Go down
harmjustice

harmjustice

PostSubject: Re: crafting for the rest of us   crafting for the rest of us Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29 2009, 09:55

I love the crafting, good job... now for another request there are items such as rings and boots that have a very small amount of enchantemt to them can you make gems work on them as well as weapons and armor..? for example a ring of regeneration that has acid resistance as well? I wouls like to see the carfting being expanded on more... Thanx God bless T
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: crafting for the rest of us   crafting for the rest of us Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30 2009, 00:08

I was trying to avoid a problem with the DX modules where people were pretty much immune to everything. The intent with KT was to have people require more than a single weapon and set of items to be able to survive. In other words, KT gives you the ability to get some pretty high DR, but I think it's nearly impossible to get that high DR for every damage type.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: crafting for the rest of us   crafting for the rest of us Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

crafting for the rest of us
Page 1 of 1