Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rainbow Dragon

Go down 
+2
Sarah the DM
fossil101
6 posters
AuthorMessage
fossil101

fossil101

Rainbow Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Rainbow Dragon   Rainbow Dragon Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11 2009, 19:26

This was an experience. Gomez got him then I got him yesterday and Dark got him today. I surely hope that when done with this area we get loot drop. Right now just get xp if your not maxed. The dragon killed me twice before i got him. He sure has some damaging breath lol.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

Rainbow Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Dragon   Rainbow Dragon Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12 2009, 12:33

He's obviously too easy.
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

Rainbow Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Dragon   Rainbow Dragon Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12 2009, 15:06

Easy. . . When it took me almost 30 mins, and healing the time I was fighting him. Shocked

Welcome back Old Rainbow! affraid
Back to top Go down
fossil101

fossil101

Rainbow Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Rainbow   Rainbow Dragon Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12 2009, 20:38

Rainbow is far from being easy. His breath kills you immediately and when you finaly get to fight him it takes forever and several pots of heal. No he is not too easy
Back to top Go down
pugz

pugz

Rainbow Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Dragon   Rainbow Dragon Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12 2009, 20:50

yea make him harder sarah Smile i think he needs higher ab and that breath need a little tweeking i think the breath is way too much 780 hp of lighting damage... wow
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

Rainbow Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Dragon   Rainbow Dragon Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12 2009, 21:45

Rainbow is supposed to be nearly impossible to kill. Of course, it's going to be much, much harder to get to him. However, he's too easy if he's already been beaten. No worries. He'll be suitably enhanced next update.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

Rainbow Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Dragon   Rainbow Dragon Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12 2009, 21:47

Pugz, do you think his AB needs to be increased? I thought he pretty much never missed.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

Rainbow Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Dragon   Rainbow Dragon Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15 2009, 21:27

In the latest update, several monsters were reworked. Like player characters, a lot of the monster immunities are gone. This should help give players a better chance, but I'm also concerned about making it so that a particular class or feat proves to be unbalancing. Spells, for example, should be effective, but a certain spell should not be effective against virtually everything in the module.

Immunities are only part of the problem. Pugz hasn't replied to my previous post, but Rainbow probably has a strength so high that he cannot miss unless he fails the concealment check against an invisible attacker. Since that check is strength-based, he'll probably make that, too.

So monster ability scores are also involved in the game balance. Monster AC is intentionally limited in the module to make it so that players can hit just about anything with a reasonable chance, but players AC scores (which I tried to keep around 80 max) are much higher. That's caused me to push the monster ability scores higher so that they can hit players.

With such high AB scores, necessary to hit player AC scores of about 100 with buffs, the monsters have very high saving throw bonuses (which are based on ability modifiers). This is unbalancing the game for other players, like casters, who have to beat saving throw bonuses that are modified by ability scores.

I really need to know the maximum player AC achievable and how it's being done. If I can keep the player AC capped to a maximum of about 80, I can then start lowering the monster ability scores to much more reasonable levels. Until then, Rainbow (who is supposed to be nearly impossible as he's like a boss), is going to have to keep his incredible AB.
Back to top Go down
pugz

pugz

Rainbow Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Dragon   Rainbow Dragon Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18 2009, 02:17

well i dont remember exactally what it was but as i watch grandma fight him it seemed like the only thing that was really hurting her was the breathe. just an observation.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

Rainbow Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Dragon   Rainbow Dragon Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18 2009, 08:16

Don't worry, Rainbow will be appropriately powered when the plot line for that area is complete.
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

Rainbow Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Dragon   Rainbow Dragon Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18 2009, 10:52

I remember when Rainbow first came into dx 1, she was one bad dragon, took us more than 30 mins to kill her and many player deaths along the way, those were the good old days. Razz Look out for Rainbow Exclamation
Back to top Go down
harmjustice

harmjustice

Rainbow Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Dragon   Rainbow Dragon Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15 2010, 12:13

I tryed Rainbow w/ my barbarian good gear all buffs died 4 times in a row trying to make dc 38 save on reflex then dc 38 death dc 38 electric w/out save did 1134 electric damage one hit, my ac is about 60 maybey 62, but im not uber, so lol...

Even with my power up and every buff avalible active I could not touch her, She is Impossible to me...
Back to top Go down
GPharaoh

GPharaoh

Rainbow Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Dragon   Rainbow Dragon Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24 2010, 01:46

Sarah the DM wrote:
I really need to know the maximum player AC achievable and how it's being done. If I can keep the player AC capped to a maximum of about 80, I can then start lowering the monster ability scores to much more reasonable levels. Until then, Rainbow (who is supposed to be nearly impossible as he's like a boss), is going to have to keep his incredible AB.

If you haven't deleted my PMs you should have it there... We discussed this issue in PMs long time ago and i told you how to keep it that long... but you still did what you wanted. I told you there how to limit players AC to around 85 I think.

I was gone for the summer, but I am coming back in few days so i could help out because here I don't have access to the internet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/
Sponsored content

Rainbow Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Dragon   Rainbow Dragon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Dragon
Page 1 of 1