Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Immunities

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GPharaoh

GPharaoh

Immunities Empty
PostSubject: Immunities   Immunities Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09 2010, 23:23

I thought you said there's no way players can get damage immunities, physical as well as elemental or exotic under any circumstances. If there is tell us maximum immunity possible to get because i wouldn't want to waste my time posting screenshots reporting such thing that I noticed and all you would do is say that it is possible. If it is, I already know what class gets it.

I ask you to either confirm this or just tell us, players if it is possible with some class/items.

I won't say why I am asking such a thing yet, until i get a reply from DM that is. Depending on that reply i might take further required action that could be a subject to ban.

Thank you for your time,

GPharaoh
Back to top Go down
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/
Abriymoch

Immunities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Immunities   Immunities Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10 2010, 00:19

Take it off of the caster staves and they have nothing to gain after that.
The MISC immunities were already removed.
The Elemental Staff already comes with damage immunities.

If you remove the casters staves' damage immunities put something useful on, like making them improve spell damage or casting stringer versions of normal spells.
Back to top Go down
GPharaoh

GPharaoh

Immunities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Immunities   Immunities Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10 2010, 02:30

sorry i totally forgot about that option from orbs, but that's not what I meant. Thanks for your reply and reminding me of that one, haven't really been active for quite some time.

Idk how much damage immunities LG wiz/sorc gets, but it shouldn't change that much anyways because they have low life and idk if they do get exotic immunities.

Asking that because i just did no damage with exotic/acid/slashing damage to a player.... there was like 90% absorbing from each damage type. It was not a caster. I won't say what class it was tho, well not for now. I think he used greatsword as i saw no shield as well, wasn't under no shape. Human Race
Back to top Go down
Abriymoch

Immunities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Immunities   Immunities Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10 2010, 03:34

The Elemental Staff ahs like:
90% Cold
75% fire
50% Sonic.

Caster staves get 25% to each element. Non to melee or exotics.
Back to top Go down
GPharaoh

GPharaoh

Immunities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Immunities   Immunities Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17 2010, 21:26

sooooo, I am guessing, this is ignored?? While it is pretty important even if i don't play much because I don't think it would be fair for others that one player has 90% immunities while all the rest of the players can have is max 40+/- damage resistances. Doesn't matter if that player is someone close to DM or not, It doesn't feel right that that person get's these immunities just because of that... Especially to go and kill other player.

I tried not talking who it was but since i've been ignored, I will say who it was. Account name Vnasty. Just so others know, that account belongs to either DM or someone close to DM.

It was pure pally (40lvl). I didn't see shield and i saw that character holding sword in 2 hands, So i am guessing Greatsword because there's no other sword that human race holds in 2 hands.
damage avg. 50 positive(on hit power) + i don't exactly remember how many element types 2d12( it's been a while now so i don't exactly remember)
Back to top Go down
Abriymoch

Immunities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Immunities   Immunities Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17 2010, 21:48

Are you sure they weren't carrying an artifact?
Back to top Go down
GPharaoh

GPharaoh

Immunities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Immunities   Immunities Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17 2010, 22:25

no, i don't recall hearing anything that that person picked up some artifact, as a matter of fact there was no message that somebody even got an artifact... You know there's always server message send if someone picks up an artifact.

Btw i just checked my elemental staff i have and it only has 40+/- damage resistance of cold fire and sonic. It isn't that old. I kept it last time played KT with my brother and we farmed hell. It didn't have damage immunities.
Back to top Go down
Abriymoch

Immunities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Immunities   Immunities Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17 2010, 23:33

Wow... THe staff waws SO changed then.

Good to know.
Back to top Go down
GPharaoh

GPharaoh

Immunities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Immunities   Immunities Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18 2010, 00:20

Abriymoch wrote:
Wow... THe staff waws SO changed then.

Good to know.
that's why i asked this because I know Sarah said Damage immunities(pretty much all immunities from items) were to be removed. except artifacts and these orbs if i remember correctly.

Even if Vnasty is someone related to DM it doesn't feel right to get 90% immunities.
hellball did no damage(probably every single element was absorbed 90%, issac absorbed 90%(10-11 damage out of 100-110 damage) Epic Spell: Greater Ruin 64 damage out of 640 so that's 90%, Ancient One damage was absorbed like 90% because i know how much damage he normally does just that combat log doesn't register if a damage is resisted when summons deal damage.
Back to top Go down
Rom

Immunities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Immunities   Immunities Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19 2010, 17:11

"It was pure pally (40lvl). I didn't see shield and i saw that character holding sword in 2 hands, So i am guessing Greatsword because there's no other sword that human race holds in 2 hands.
damage avg. 50 positive(on hit power) + i don't exactly remember how many element types 2d12( it's been a while now so i don't exactly remember)"

This is an interesting observation. The character was not using a shield, so it did not get the paladin set bonus if it was using the set items. Did you see if the character was using the paladin set (the most distinguishable is the helm)? The sword appears to be Divinity.
Back to top Go down
GPharaoh

GPharaoh

Immunities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Immunities   Immunities Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20 2010, 05:20

EDIT:
Let it end at this. It seems to be pointless to continue this topic as we/I won't get the answer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Immunities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Immunities   Immunities Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Immunities
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Knights Templar NWN :: Ask the DM (Questions and Bug Reports) :: KT Custom Scripts / Modifications-
Jump to: