Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What happen??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkSky

DarkSky

What happen?? Empty
PostSubject: What happen??   What happen?? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12 2010, 03:49

I came back to something I loved and to be with old friend I missed very much. I played up
to level 56 going into D14, got boss and learn I can't wear the gear that I got like awhile back?
and even after killing D15 boss I'm told I have to be level 60. We put long hours and have fun
doing so and would love to be able to use this gear, whats happen? :*( If it has to be like this
why can't it be around level 55 to use this gear? :*( Now the rusty/pally set etc I can understand
having to kill Misstress and be level 60 to use but not the gear/items that are found in D13/D14/D15.
I have missed a lot I see.... But I'm so happy to be back and hope this don't uppset you or anyone
else for me asking . Thank you for all you do.

Please reply. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nuli

What happen?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What happen??   What happen?? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12 2010, 04:38

I think Sarah recently fixed the glitch that allowed people to use high level items before they were level 60 through high UMD skill. He changed the special requirement on items to also include players having to be level 60 a while ago I think.

Nuli
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

What happen?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What happen??   What happen?? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12 2010, 14:43

Thanks Nuli!!!
Back to top Go down
El Gabardine

What happen?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What happen??   What happen?? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12 2010, 17:19

I think the point that needs to be addressed is that if you have a toon that has to be lv 60 to beat d14 boss , then you need to go back to the drawing board. There has consistently been items usable after beating d14 and 15 bosses REGARDLESS of your lv and that is what has changed recently. I realize that a lot goes into writing code and I commend Sarah for all the effort put into this mod. This does not change how anti-climactic it feels to finally beat these bosses, go to equip something you normally could and be told no. Yes- I realize that because of a few unscrupulous individuals that exploit every glitch they can find, stronger measures were needed, but this seems a bit excessive. So, while I agree with Dark's agitation at this change, I must side with Sarah (who does have a life besides building and running this mod for us) that too much needless time would go into rewriting the code for each item so that some could be used at different lv's. Animosity would be better directed at those individuals who selfishly over-exploit certain aspects of the game - this ruins it for everyone. We should all try to put our best foot forward and prepare for the possible move. If we do move then the mod will be open to the general public not just those of us that know about it. I for one am looking forward to this , and hope to see many new players soon Smile
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

What happen?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What happen??   What happen?? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12 2010, 17:52

I'm sorry I open this can of worms, I also know how HARD Sarah has worked on this great mod. Just didn't know or remember
all the changes that has taking place. I'll take day by day and do my best as I always have, with or without. Again forgive me.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

What happen?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What happen??   What happen?? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14 2010, 10:53

There's a probability in any dungeon of getting an item from a higher dungeon. The only exception is D15. You can't get D16 items in D15. However, you can get D15 items in D14 and, I think, even D13 if you're lucky. That would possibly explain why sometimes you can't use the items you find in the dungeon where you find them.
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

What happen?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What happen??   What happen?? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14 2010, 12:09

Thank you Sarah, I have found items that work like that. Well back to work on my Monk she is Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What happen?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What happen??   What happen?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What happen??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Knights Templar NWN :: Comments & Suggestions :: Items-
Jump to: