Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

achievement

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mister Pin

achievement Empty
PostSubject: achievement   achievement Icon_minitimeSun May 17 2015, 20:36

I have been here just a short while- and after just a few days of using one toon decided to dual box two toons, which is a handful. but fun. The only problem is- when you go and fight any bosses, the one who makes the kill gets the key, and the other toon is , well, screwed. So you have to do it twice? and use the toon that did not get the key? Otherwise you stand the chance of losing again. I dont mind playing with others to help out- but this seems to me to be a glitch - if a party goes in to do the job, and only one gets the accomplishment- that kinda hurts- i dont wanna have to go in party - 3, 4 5 times just to get the kill to get the key, that makes this a wee bit tedious. . . . don't u think? Or am i wrong?

Pin
Back to top Go down
Warchief

Warchief

achievement Empty
PostSubject: Re: achievement   achievement Icon_minitimeSun May 17 2015, 21:00

When you kill a boss, it does a shout for the one that killed it but most of the time the party should get a key. This has bugged a couple of times however but because respawn times are fairly fast, if it does bug you can just wait around for the boss for a few moments and get the kill on both. Generally it should give the key to both toons if they both participated in the fight so shouldn't need to kill bosses twice in most cases.
Back to top Go down
Mister Pin

achievement Empty
PostSubject: Re: achievement   achievement Icon_minitimeMon May 18 2015, 10:05

Thanks for the reply!  But that's not the point-  imho it should be all who are there and participated that should get the key/tag/whatever.  I know the waiting around time might be short- but. . . . .

A reply from a or (the) DM would be great! Thanks again.

Pin
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

achievement Empty
PostSubject: Re: achievement   achievement Icon_minitimeThu May 21 2015, 10:01

If I recall correctly, I wrote the key script to reward based on a particular radius from the boss when it dies. In other words, you have to be close to get the key. I don't think you have to be right up on the boss in melee, but you probably won't get a key if you're clear across a room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

achievement Empty
PostSubject: Re: achievement   achievement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

achievement
Page 1 of 1