Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Server Crash

Go down 
+2
DarkSky
Sarah the DM
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
werehound

Server Crash - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Crash   Server Crash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25 2017, 19:17

Just a heads up...

[list][*]I have the NWN server source to compile for Fedora.
[*] I have a Raspberry Pi setup with Fedora 25, space allocated on a drive.
[*] I have the module and PRC materials necessary.
[/list]

What I need to do:

[list=1][*]Fedora25 does no support Raspberry Pi's WiFi hardware. I need to write my own (probably hack together a driver from existing tools).
[*] I need to actually compile the source for my hardware - finding older libraries is proving to be challenging.
[/list]

Hope to have things up and running soon.
Back to top Go down
RedDragon90

RedDragon90

PostSubject: Re: Server Crash   Server Crash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26 2017, 03:14

Sounds great so far! If you are running the prc with this mod there is something I know for sure will need to be fixed. The way loot drops are handled in the mod is there is a chest in each area and the chest is fillied with the items that drop for that area. When a creature dies it draws a random item from the chest.

This was not a problem for the original mod but when adding the PRC there are all sorts of nifty little ways of getting to those chest. If you are going to keep that loot system the easiest fix is to go in and lower the Z axis on each chest to a negative number that way they sink under the tile set and can't be seen nor targeted. It's pretty time consuming
lol I've done this once before for the mod lol. I'd be willing to help out with it if you'd like?

Also it doesn't have to have PRC at all. That's totally up to you my friend!
Back to top Go down
werehound

PostSubject: Re: Server Crash   Server Crash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26 2017, 10:49

Gotcha. I think I'll start it without the PRC first, and see how things go.

As far as edits, I'm sure I will make plenty. Hearing they use the chest method (expansion 2 started that, I think?) alarms me. I'll probably pull it out to a database, but whatever I do will be script based.
Back to top Go down
RedDragon90

RedDragon90

PostSubject: Re: Server Crash   Server Crash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26 2017, 11:00

I'm lovin it bro can't wait I'm ready to play test lol
Back to top Go down
werehound

PostSubject: Re: Server Crash   Server Crash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 03 2017, 21:54

Okay, writing a stable wifi driver is harder than I thought. Ordering some hardware (I need a new router in order to connect this thing).
Back to top Go down
RedDragon90

RedDragon90

PostSubject: Re: Server Crash   Server Crash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 05 2017, 18:39

Ahh I see man. Sounds like a pain!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server Crash   Server Crash - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server Crash
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2