Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Restoration Potions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Asylum

Restoration Potions Empty
PostSubject: Restoration Potions   Restoration Potions Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05 2008, 14:12

I hate Restoration potions.
They are great for healing, but interrupt any type of stance/mode. I'll be in expertise mode, use the potion, and for some reason it removes me from it. It is very frustrating since by the time I back into expertise mode I need another potion. I'm not sure if is this is on purpose or if it is part of the original scripting, but it makes it worthless to be a DD because you only have a limited number of stances per day, and drinking the restoration potion removes from the stance. With a mixture of this, and not being able to rest in D16, you can imagine the frustration.

Now I have noticed the other potions don't cause this, so I'm not sure what the problem is.
Back to top Go down
Zog2

Zog2

PostSubject: Re: Restoration Potions   Restoration Potions Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2008, 00:11

Yes -- I've noticed this too.
It's annoying in d16, where I find expertise becomes important for me.

The resto pots seem more likely to provide a decent amount of healing (compared with the regular healing pots), so I tend to use them ...which kicks me out of expertise mode, and unless I time things just right the monsters get a whole round of hitting me with low AC.
Back to top Go down
Wheatonrunner69
Admin
Wheatonrunner69

PostSubject: Re: Restoration Potions   Restoration Potions Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2008, 17:59

I've noticed that as well......... my DD is not looking forward to D16 (or D15 for that matter)

- WR69
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Restoration Potions   Restoration Potions Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2008, 19:14

I think the restoration potions do that when they clear all harmful effects. I'm not sure there is anything I can do about it, but I'll investigate. As for healing potions, they work pretty good for me, but I usually take healing skill. The chance of spell failure in the most evil dungeons is modified by many factors, like guild membership, alignment, class, and healing skill. I also play so that I can use the healing potions effectively even if they occasionally fail. My technique: I put the potions in the quick bar and click several times whenever I fall beneath 50% HP. I then click on the monster after I get a successful heal. Otherwise, I keep drinking. I think the odds are limited to no worse then 50/50. That means you'd have to get pretty unlucky to have more than a couple potions in a row fail.
Back to top Go down
Asylum

PostSubject: Re: Restoration Potions   Restoration Potions Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06 2008, 23:45

Thank you for the advice, the fact that there is a spell failure for healing pots was the only reason i was reluctant to use them. on a number of occasions, i assume that it will fully heal me, then it failed and i died, very upsetting. I guess i will just use multiple ones from now on.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Restoration Potions   Restoration Potions Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2008, 00:47

The restoration potions are supposed to have a failure chance, too, but the script isn't working properly.
Back to top Go down
Zog2

Zog2

PostSubject: Re: Restoration Potions   Restoration Potions Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2008, 20:34

Sarah the DM wrote:
The restoration potions are supposed to have a failure chance, too, but the script isn't working properly.
The resto pots don't always give a full heal -- but they seem to give a better heal than the healing pots (on average). In those fights where I need to use expertise it's a balancing act between heal and resto pots
Back to top Go down
harmjustice

harmjustice

PostSubject: Re: Restoration Potions   Restoration Potions Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2009, 18:15

I have a problem with these pots, they remove my Rage and i need them sometimes ... it sucks walking around cursed clown
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Restoration Potions   Restoration Potions Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30 2009, 08:36

See the thread on barbarian rage and let me know if restoration potions no longer destroy the rage effect.
Back to top Go down
harmjustice

harmjustice

PostSubject: Re: Restoration Potions   Restoration Potions Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30 2009, 11:05

I did log in this morning w./ my barbarian, it does allow you to use resto pots now without removing rage thatnk you... but did you reduce the time of the rage?
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Restoration Potions   Restoration Potions Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30 2009, 11:20

The duration was reduced on a previous change. It was originally designed to last until the temporary hit points were depleted. That gave it a potentially long duration. Now the rage lasts a set amount of time, even if the temporary hit points are gone. To compensate, the duration was reduced. Pure-classed barbarians will get the longest and most powerful versions of the rage. If you dual class with just 1 level in another class, your barbarian levels max out at 49 (39 + 10 legendary levels as discussed in another thread).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Restoration Potions   Restoration Potions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Restoration Potions
Page 1 of 1