Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Zen Archery

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
El Gabardine

Zen Archery Empty
PostSubject: Zen Archery   Zen Archery Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12 2009, 20:37

I have a 12 lv cleric that has fullfilled alll the requirements for zen archery. When I buff wisdom no change to attack , but when I buff dex -attack increases . He is a hafling that uses a sling . Zen Archery states ranged attacks - so that should apply to all ranged weps. I tried with light crossbow and got the same results . Buffed wisdom higher than all other stats , No diff - but any buff to dex and it changes attack .
Back to top Go down
werehound

Zen Archery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zen Archery   Zen Archery Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13 2009, 00:45

Zen Archery only affects attack bonus if you wisdom is HIGHER than your dex... i.e. being a caster cleric with a bow.
Back to top Go down
El Gabardine

Zen Archery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zen Archery   Zen Archery Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13 2009, 09:29

Yes, thank you, I know that and wisdom is my highest stat unbuffed and buffed.
Back to top Go down
werehound

Zen Archery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zen Archery   Zen Archery Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13 2009, 19:46

Alright then, make sure you are using cloth armor too then =).
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

Zen Archery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zen Archery   Zen Archery Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13 2009, 20:26

A lot of the feats are hard coded into the game and cannot be changed. This thread is an excellent example. There are all sorts of restrictions to being able to use particular feats. I don't begin to understand all hidden Bioware coding behind the feats, so I would read the descriptions thoroughly. For example, I used to take weapon finesse on all my high-dex characters before I realized it only applied to weapons I don't typically use.
Back to top Go down
Liquid

Zen Archery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zen Archery   Zen Archery Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13 2009, 21:55

Have you tried Zen Archery on another race? I wonder if the halfling size and thrown weapon bonuses are messing with things. It should be easy to level a fighter to level 3 and try it out (level 3 because you need +3 bab for the feat).

Also I suggest checking the actual combat log rather than the character sheet, for the same reasons as above.

FYI I've tried this feat with other characters (on different servers) and it worked with longbows and slings, at least.
Back to top Go down
El Gabardine

Zen Archery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zen Archery   Zen Archery Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13 2009, 22:27

As requested - I researched more throughly, and found that sling is classified a a simple melee weapon . Page 152 NWN online manual . This might have ben the reason zen archery didn't work . Then I read the last posted reply and now I don't know what to think . If it works for sling on some servers , then it must be a different reason . Thank you all for your time and efforts .
Back to top Go down
El Gabardine

Zen Archery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zen Archery   Zen Archery Icon_minitimeMon May 11 2009, 19:35

anyone who is interested - I figured out a while ago that by unequip/ equip the sling in question , it fixes this glich drunken
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

Zen Archery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zen Archery   Zen Archery Icon_minitimeMon May 11 2009, 20:39

Plus don't blame me for this particular glitch. Nearly all combat and feat coding is hard-coded into the game. I imagine this was done to increase speed. Personally, I wish Bioware would have given us scripters a lot more control. We are even limited on the types of items we can create. For example, thrown item effects are hard coded. If I want to make a custom grenade, I'm limited to a handful of very crappy grenade pictures (holy water, fire bomb, etc). They are some of the worst item drawings I have ever seen. When a player throws a grenade, NWN shows the grenade flying through the air toward the target. This animation depends on the type of grenade spell. I have no ability to create new grenade spell effects other than customizing the existing ones (fire, acid, etc). Well, I could actually create a custom grenade, but if someone looked at the grenade's properties, it would still say "fire bomb" and it would look like a fire bomb until it hit. Then I could rewrite the firebomb spell to do what I want.

Bioware did a very good job with NWN. It's far better than NWN2. I just wish Bioware would have created more openings for custom scripting. All I really want is a collection of visuals and sounds that I can call when necessary. The way it stands right now, I have no access to many of the core parts of the game.
Back to top Go down
El Gabardine

Zen Archery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zen Archery   Zen Archery Icon_minitimeSat May 16 2009, 05:21

Thanks for the info ! Wish you had more options to scripting too . I enjoy the "difference " in game play available here compared to other servers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zen Archery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zen Archery   Zen Archery Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zen Archery
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Knights Templar NWN :: Ask the DM (Questions and Bug Reports) :: KT Custom Scripts / Modifications-
Jump to: