Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Epic Dragon Shape

Go down 
+2
Sarah the DM
Tek
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tek

Epic Dragon Shape Empty
PostSubject: Epic Dragon Shape   Epic Dragon Shape Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19 2009, 14:18

Does the mod use the Bioware standard for the Epic Dragon Shape feat? or have you customized it at all? also i think my brains just not working all that well today but what merges (if anything at all) in the Bioware vesion of that feat... that is if KT uses that particular one
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

Epic Dragon Shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Dragon Shape   Epic Dragon Shape Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19 2009, 17:59

Been a long time since I worked on that. As I remember it, the dragon shape was way overpowered at lower levels and not really powerful enough at higher ones. Bioware's script would also cause intermittent error messages, because it had some coding loops that could run too long under certain conditions. I rewrote it, but I don't remember what I changed. Nuli used to play shape shifters. Perhaps he remembers.
Back to top Go down
Nuli

Epic Dragon Shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Dragon Shape   Epic Dragon Shape Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19 2009, 21:04

Honestly I dont remember what all was changed. I don't recall that epic dragon shape was changed so much as I think Sarah worked on shapeshifting in general so that it was a little bit better overall. The epic dragon shape is still fairly good in the mid levels but is fairly weak at the highest levels. I personally didnt use the dragon shape much as it can't really get much of anywhere due to its massive size. I know there is a lot of complicated stuff with shapeshifting around what bonuses from items transfer over. Nameless had found a good webite that detailed all the specifics, I'll have to see if I can find it again.
Back to top Go down
GPharaoh

GPharaoh

Epic Dragon Shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Dragon Shape   Epic Dragon Shape Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19 2009, 21:52

From what i remember dragon shape is useless in higher dungeons. While in Dragon Shape you can't damage anything unless monk gloves stack in dragon form and if i remember correctly it doesn't. Also, 70AC is not enough and resists.
It's not really true that Dragon Shape is Overpowered in mid levels because you can do as good with any other good build. Epic Dragon Shape requires 30wisdom so i don't think you can take it until 30lvl and that would be d7 and up. (5lvls for each dungeon). I have been playing dragon shape shifter when Necropolis was under construction and that's when Sarah the DM was working of shape shifters.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/
GPharaoh

GPharaoh

Epic Dragon Shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Dragon Shape   Epic Dragon Shape Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21 2009, 23:40

I have made a Dragon Shape Build just to test this for everyone and i have came to a conclusion that it hasn't been customized at all. Here's a website showing everything aboutDragon Shape. The only thing that would be customized is that Elemental damage from weapons merge with dragon form but here's how it works:
In Dragon Shape you have 3 kinds of attacks. All of them deal basic physical damage but elemental damage can be added to them if you wield a weapon. Main hand weapon covers 1st attack, Offhand covers 2nd attack, and 3rd attack stays unchanged. Therefore in order to add elemental damage to Dragon Shape damage you have to dual wield weapons but even with it you can't cover 3 kind of attacks Dragon has. Also, On Hit: Unique Power doesn't merge with Dragon Shape meaning that only the damage on the weapon merges(2d12).
Another thing that was changed is that you can't shape shift wearing shape cloak/item.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/
Abriymoch

Epic Dragon Shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Dragon Shape   Epic Dragon Shape Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07 2010, 16:09

Any word on Shifters?
Back to top Go down
Rom

Epic Dragon Shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Dragon Shape   Epic Dragon Shape Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08 2010, 22:24

I believe, of all the prestige classes, Black Guard is the only one that has been successfully worked on for the mod.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Epic Dragon Shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Dragon Shape   Epic Dragon Shape Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Epic Dragon Shape
Page 1 of 1