Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What determines how many nasties you're facing?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Koelenis

Koelenis

What determines how many nasties you're facing? Empty
PostSubject: What determines how many nasties you're facing?   What determines how many nasties you're facing? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19 2009, 16:59

Does your class or alignment have any affect on the number/type of spawn or the type of drops you get?

I know your level relative to the dungeon is the most determining factor, that is, when you're getting the least xp/individual monster you get the most monsters & drops (farming) until finally you're getting no xp/drops.

Lat night I was reminded that getting full cash value for drops IN THE BAG is awesome (haha, too bad, Marty) UNTIL you become a Templar. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: What determines how many nasties you're facing?   What determines how many nasties you're facing? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20 2009, 09:31

No. I use my own monster spawn script that has nothing whatsoever to do with the standard NWN spawn trigger system. Your class and alignment do not affect the numbers spawned. It's based on the number of hit dice in your party who are in the immediate area versus the level of monsters spawned. There's also a random effect, so you can spawn a greater number or more powerful monsters.
Back to top Go down
Koelenis

Koelenis

PostSubject: Thanks for clearing that up   What determines how many nasties you're facing? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20 2009, 16:12

I have a friend who thinks that evil chars get rougher spawns, and it kinda seemed that way for a bit last night, but I was relatively over-leveled for the areas since I was powering through just trying out spells on different monsters.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: What determines how many nasties you're facing?   What determines how many nasties you're facing? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21 2009, 09:35

Making things more difficult for evil characters does sound like something I would program into the module, but in the case of monsters spawns, nope. I didn't do it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What determines how many nasties you're facing?   What determines how many nasties you're facing? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What determines how many nasties you're facing?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Knights Templar NWN :: Ask the DM (Questions and Bug Reports) :: KT Custom Scripts / Modifications-
Jump to: