Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Crimson monk gloves (Far East server only?)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zog2

Zog2

Crimson monk gloves (Far East server only?) Empty
PostSubject: Crimson monk gloves (Far East server only?)   Crimson monk gloves (Far East server only?) Icon_minitimeFri May 01 2009, 08:43

I kinda like playing the monks, so have levelled up a Monk to Crimson 20 on the Far East server.

With each level up, the gloves get an extra level of "On-hit" damage in their description.
On the normal (USA) server, this becomes fairly powerful.
However -- after a while I noticed that there was no real corresponding increase in actual damage done by these gloves. The on-hit component of their damage remains in the range about 3-29 each hit. (Never saw them do damage of 30+ the whole time I was levelling up).

If the on-hit level is equivalent to number of d8's of damage, I'd put them at about on-hit level 4, right through to Crimson 20.

This leads to some very long fights, and by the time I moved into d13 everything was just silly -- especially against Pirate Captains
Back to top Go down
GPharaoh

GPharaoh

PostSubject: Re: Crimson monk gloves (Far East server only?)   Crimson monk gloves (Far East server only?) Icon_minitimeFri May 01 2009, 14:03

I said this a long time ago. Unarmed monks are useless. You're better off making one wielding kama or dual kamas.
unarmed with haste and flurry can get 8 attacks if multiclass monk with (paladin, fighter). So is the same with one kama, but you can do the same damage as if you were using lets say longsword.

I did mention it long time ago to DM, but no, "monks are overpowered" therefore unarmed does that much damage, im pretty sure it would be the same with kamas, but i think its quite impossible to make only one weapon with less damage if enchanting from anavil.

I find one thing that is funny. Monks are overpowered. Ok but tell me what factor about them is so overpowered?
Only that attacks per round and -3ab between each attack.
Monk's speed? no, because its natural that you run faster in a cloth than wearing heaviest armor possible right? so what is there to whine about if you base a mod on real life.
Monk's Wisdom AC modifier? its not because this covers a shield that monk's can't use not loosing all monk bonuses.

All these complains so why add potion of heroism for?

There's the same problem with AC on a cloth and heavy armor. If you want make a calculation with a highest cloth AC and heavy armor AC and compare dex'ers AC and a heavy armor user without angel's buff why? because it doesnt last too long so fo the rest of the dungeon you're left with ur own AC.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/
Zog2

Zog2

PostSubject: Re: Crimson monk gloves (Far East server only?)   Crimson monk gloves (Far East server only?) Icon_minitimeFri May 01 2009, 20:48

Um ... that's not what I'm talking about here

The damage done by Crimson gloves that I have on the crimson monks that I've levelled up on the USA server has improved as I've levelled up. That is not the case on the monk that I've just levelled up on the Far East server

Also... unarmed non-crimson monks can actually do lots of burst damage ...by using the "special power" that's on the gloves. Doesn't last for too long, but works well when it's there.
A disadvantage of kamas is that there are no special kamas in the mod ...and you can only craft by putting on elemental damage types. There's a nice pair of gloves called Apocalypse Gloves....

Unarmed has the added bonus (maybe just for Australian players?) of being able to hotkey to switch between damage types without fear of losing yet another highly crafted weapon to a script.
Back to top Go down
GPharaoh

GPharaoh

PostSubject: Re: Crimson monk gloves (Far East server only?)   Crimson monk gloves (Far East server only?) Icon_minitimeFri May 01 2009, 21:29

Zog2 wrote:
Um ... that's not what I'm talking about here

The damage done by Crimson gloves that I have on the crimson monks that I've levelled up on the USA server has improved as I've levelled up. That is not the case on the monk that I've just levelled up on the Far East server

Also... unarmed non-crimson monks can actually do lots of burst damage ...by using the "special power" that's on the gloves. Doesn't last for too long, but works well when it's there.
A disadvantage of kamas is that there are no special kamas in the mod ...and you can only craft by putting on elemental damage types. There's a nice pair of gloves called Apocalypse Gloves....

Unarmed has the added bonus (maybe just for Australian players?) of being able to hotkey to switch between damage types without fear of losing yet another highly crafted weapon to a script.

Just how many pair of gloves you would need to do any good? With that burst power up, how many high lvl monsters can you kill before it runs out? Apocalypse gloves have Use: Unique Power 1x a day and those are the only gloves with power up for monks and positive damage isn't effective everywhere.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/
Zog2

Zog2

PostSubject: Re: Crimson monk gloves (Far East server only?)   Crimson monk gloves (Far East server only?) Icon_minitimeFri May 01 2009, 21:55

We're getting off topic again

...but all the gloves that my unarmed non-crimson monk uses have the 1 use/day powerup ...elemental (which each have on-hit level 20 as base), as well as Apocalypse
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crimson monk gloves (Far East server only?)   Crimson monk gloves (Far East server only?) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crimson monk gloves (Far East server only?)
Page 1 of 1