Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sarah, Please read.

Go down 
+2
werehound
angel
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
angel

Sarah, Please read. Empty
PostSubject: Sarah, Please read.   Sarah, Please read. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02 2015, 11:37

Sarah, is there any possible way we could bring back DX or DX2? I miss those modules so much more than KT, not that i'm not appreciative of what you did bringing back KT. But there was just so much more depth to those modules i feel like, more areas and things to do in my mind as well. Just food for thought at the possibility of bringing them back.

Angel
Back to top Go down
werehound

PostSubject: Re: Sarah, Please read.   Sarah, Please read. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03 2015, 01:32

My offer to help Sarah host anything is still, and will remain, open. I have a server I could provide for him to setup anything at his leisure, or host for him.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Sarah, Please read.   Sarah, Please read. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03 2015, 17:39

Sure. I can run up DX2. I enjoyed DX2 myself. It's sort of like the wild west compared to KT.
Back to top Go down
werehound

PostSubject: Re: Sarah, Please read.   Sarah, Please read. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03 2015, 19:15

Here, here! Hooray!

Now dance, cowboy!
Back to top Go down
angel

PostSubject: Re: Sarah, Please read.   Sarah, Please read. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04 2015, 00:54

That would be great! Just let us know the IP and when it's up!
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Sarah, Please read.   Sarah, Please read. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05 2015, 11:33

Are you guys still able to log onto KT? If so, DX2 will be on the same iP. I'll take KT down for awhile.
Back to top Go down
angel

PostSubject: Re: Sarah, Please read.   Sarah, Please read. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05 2015, 12:49

Yes, we are still able to log into KT! [:
Back to top Go down
angel

PostSubject: Re: Sarah, Please read.   Sarah, Please read. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06 2015, 01:45

I think you may have put up the original DX instead of DX2, also, while i was playing, the loot bags would show up and then immediately disappeared on DX.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Sarah, Please read.   Sarah, Please read. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07 2015, 00:00

Yes. I did put up the original DX. I'll leave it up for a bit. I need to try and find DX2.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Sarah, Please read.   Sarah, Please read. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07 2015, 00:04

BTW, I don't plan to do any work on the modules, especially DX and DX2. They had numerous issues, including exploits. If you don't know some of the various exploits, I certainly won't remind you. KT is a much, much larger module, but more importantly, it's custom scripting was far more complex to resolve many issues discovered in the previous modules. KT's spell system, for example, is almost entirely custom scripting beyond the original spell names and visual effects. In DX2, it was possible to build characters that could not possibly be harmed by other players (or monsters).
Back to top Go down
angel

PostSubject: Re: Sarah, Please read.   Sarah, Please read. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07 2015, 00:07

I always remembered DX2 to be bigger, because of all the dungeons. And from what i remembered you also had the zerowing or w/e dungeons out after hell. I also just liked the dungeons and layout of DX2 better, personally. Maybe it's just nostalgia, but DX2 was my favorite module of yours.
Back to top Go down
angel

PostSubject: Re: Sarah, Please read.   Sarah, Please read. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07 2015, 00:08

And yeah, Ritz back in the day showed me all of the exploits, but i don't play on using any. It would ruin all the fun!
Back to top Go down
angel

PostSubject: Re: Sarah, Please read.   Sarah, Please read. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15 2015, 00:38

Sarah, i know you said you wouldn't do any work on DX2, but i got the Ancient One mummy at level 30 and kept him all the way to 60 where he still didn't change. However my dragon changed twice within that 30 level span and i could have sworn there was another mummy summon. Am i mistaken?
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Sarah, Please read.   Sarah, Please read. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16 2015, 09:29

DX2 was done years before KT, so I don't really remember much about it. I do remember the head Knight of Ni used to get out and follow people around the land of giants (or something like that). I also know it's possible to build characters in ways that make them virtually impossible to harm. I programmed numerous limits into KT. My goal was to always keep characters somewhat vulnerable, as what's the point in playing if you can't be harmed?
Back to top Go down
angel

PostSubject: Re: Sarah, Please read.   Sarah, Please read. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16 2015, 13:04

Fair enough. i mean as of now there's only one person level 60 (my d17 farming cleric), so we all have tons of work to put into DX2 still. A few people have come back for DX2 as well, so we have a nice little community going on. Thanks for bringing it back up [:
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Sarah, Please read.   Sarah, Please read. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17 2015, 19:19

I'm glad you're enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
Luigi Decapitator

PostSubject: Re: Sarah, Please read.   Sarah, Please read. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18 2015, 04:52

Thanks for bringing DX2 up Sarah I've been having a BLAST playing. As soon as my friend told me the server was live, I couldn't install NWN fast enough. I love this game but I loved this Server more. Back when the game was big and Gamespy existed, I didn't care about any server but DX2 Smile Just wanted to share some love.

P.s. I did like KT a lot as well, but there was something about DX2 just being my 1st, pun intended lol
Back to top Go down
SevenWitches

SevenWitches

PostSubject: Re: Sarah, Please read.   Sarah, Please read. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19 2015, 18:17

Hi, I like KT also DX2, but DX2 have a very ugly security issue that made me feel bad playing with that problem.

When DarkSky was running DX2, in 2013, around February or March someone exploit this issue and DarkSky needs to put a password on the server to avoid anyone in the world use the exploit on our community ... if my memory doesn't fail seems that Sarah fix this issue and send a fixed DX2 to DarkSky but I'm not sure at all about this.

Sarah, I'll appreciate (and I think also all the community will do) if you have fixed DX2 in 2013 and can search on your e-mail for that DX2 fixed and run it instead the DX2 that is running now ... or if you can apply to DX2 the patch you use in KT for this issue. Also I understand if you don't want to do any of that. Anyway, thank you in advance!

Otherwise if the ugly security issue isn't fixed I won't play DX2 ... but don't worry guys: I can wait that you become bored of DX2 and ask for the return of the jed... KT! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Sarah, Please read.   Sarah, Please read. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21 2015, 06:39

Now that you mention it, I think I did copy some of the security coding from KT into DX2. If I have some time, I'll look into it.
Back to top Go down
SevenWitches

SevenWitches

PostSubject: Re: Sarah, Please read.   Sarah, Please read. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21 2015, 06:58

Sarah the DM wrote:
Now that you mention it, I think I did copy some of the security coding from KT into DX2. If I have some time, I'll look into it.

Thank you very much Sarah!!! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Luigi Decapitator

PostSubject: Re: Sarah, Please read.   Sarah, Please read. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21 2015, 16:14

SevenWitches wrote:
but don't worry guys: I can wait that you become bored of DX2 and ask for the return of the jed... KT!  Laughing Laughing Laughing

Lol i wont be getting bored any time soon Smile afro
Back to top Go down
Zog2

Zog2

PostSubject: Re: Sarah, Please read.   Sarah, Please read. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22 2015, 07:20

OK
I've been on holidays in Fiji since the start of September.
... now I get back to find DX2 is up -- woot!

Time to build a new char Smile
Back to top Go down
SevenWitches

SevenWitches

PostSubject: Re: Sarah, Please read.   Sarah, Please read. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22 2015, 10:56

Luigi Decapitator wrote:
SevenWitches wrote:
but don't worry guys: I can wait that you become bored of DX2 and ask for the return of the jed... KT!  Laughing Laughing Laughing

Lol i wont be getting bored any time soon Smile afro

We waited for KT come back for .. 4? 5 years?? lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Sarah, Please read.   Sarah, Please read. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23 2015, 10:30

The DX2 version now running has the security coding.
Back to top Go down
SevenWitches

SevenWitches

PostSubject: Re: Sarah, Please read.   Sarah, Please read. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26 2015, 09:22

Sarah the DM wrote:
The DX2 version now running has the security coding.

I have more than one CDkey and works like a charm!!!

Thank you very much Sarah!!! You're the best cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sarah, Please read.   Sarah, Please read. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sarah, Please read.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next