Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Possible Hell party?

Go down 
+2
Nuli
Shal
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rom

Possible Hell party? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Hell party?   Possible Hell party? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09 2010, 19:31

Arggg I made my guy without the exclamation mark!!! Ok, I made up for it here on the forum now;)

Warchief: Here's how I'd make the AA. Race: Half-elf. Total levels: 2 Bd, 9 ranger or fighter, 29 AA. Progression: start as a fighter or a ranger, take 10th level as a bard, then 29 AA, and the last level as a bard to max tumble and umd. If you make this a ranger based AA, you have a choice of using either the Ranger set or the Bard set. If it is fighter based, then you have to use the bard set.
Back to top Go down
Warchief

Warchief

PostSubject: Re: Possible Hell party?   Possible Hell party? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09 2010, 21:02

only issue with the sets is you need a minimum of 15 levels in the class to use it unless Sarah changed that. We will see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Shal

Shal

PostSubject: Re: Possible Hell party?   Possible Hell party? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10 2010, 16:58

I made 'Shal the Adventurer!' and she's all ready to go.

Bard (2, with doll quest)
Leather armor eventually robes with high enough dex, Lt. Crossbow, and probably mace for melee (Sheesh, simple weapon selection is cruddy).
Going to focus on song/curse song.

As for the AA, Fighter 8/Bard 3/AA29 I found is a good mix...the fighter is handy for the extra feats and weapon specialization, and 3 levels bard gives you access to AA, UMD & Tumble at varying levels (7/27/39). ANd yeah, Half elf to avoid Class xp penalties.

Haven't run into any problems using set pieces from other classes (barring epic pieces), no matter the level, as long as you max your UMD.

Can't wait for sunday, see ya all there and don't forget to bring your exclamation points or Nuli will chastise you, heh.
Back to top Go down
Warchief

Warchief

PostSubject: Re: Possible Hell party?   Possible Hell party? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10 2010, 18:36

Warchief Rageshot the Adventurer! has now reached the far away land of Knights Templar and is ready for battle as a level 2 (doll quest) wizard/barbarian going to be arcane archer. I also chose to be an elf for the extra dex bonus for ab and barbarian for the hp, ab and the gladiator set at high level (so also be ready to farm d13 for the set once we get there) and the wizard is to give access to AA and avoid class xp penalty. I also chose wizard at level 1 so I can change my build at any time if needed and the only restriction is that I wont be able to take bard as the caster class to go AA.

Leather Armour, longbow, no melee weapon yet but most likely short sword or rapier with a shield.
Back to top Go down
Shal

Shal

PostSubject: Re: Possible Hell party?   Possible Hell party? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10 2010, 20:51

Barb/Wiz? Just a few things for ya to know in case ya didn't:

-You'll have an xp penalty and won't be raising levels as we do (which later could start to skew the xp recieved).
-You'll miss out on Tumble/UMD without bard or rogue.
-Gladiator set can be worn by any class that has UMD of 40+, my Paladin/Bard/RDD wears the helm for it.

Just in case ya didn't know, but no big whoop either way!

See ya all Sunday!
Back to top Go down
Warchief

Warchief

PostSubject: Re: Possible Hell party?   Possible Hell party? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10 2010, 22:13

As an elf my favoured class is wizard so there will be no xp penalty. As for the tumble and umd I dont mind losing that too much as I said with the 1 wiz at level 1 I can change the build whenever I wish to whatever I wish with the exception of RDD or having bard or sorc as the casting class. As for the Gladiator set my build is going to be 1/16/23 or 1/15/24 depends on if level 24 AA gives a feat or not (not exactly in that progression but we will see) so I will have enough barbarian levels to use the set without using UMD so Im good to go.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Possible Hell party?   Possible Hell party? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11 2010, 12:39

How about some regular reports on team progress?
Back to top Go down
Shal

Shal

PostSubject: Re: Possible Hell party?   Possible Hell party? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11 2010, 17:16

Gotcha on the AA, Warchief, and you're right...my bad.

And yep, we hope to post weekly progress reports of "The Adventurers!" after each sunday meeting.
Back to top Go down
Abriymoch

PostSubject: Re: Possible Hell party?   Possible Hell party? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12 2010, 03:10

Now, Sunday I work 11am-4pm Mountain (GMT-7). I may not be able to join you, so please, feel free to leave without me, but I'll make it if I can.
Back to top Go down
Abriymoch

PostSubject: Re: Possible Hell party?   Possible Hell party? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13 2010, 23:18

K. I think Everyone's gotten to level 9 and beaten Nasher so far.

We really should set up a set time to meet on Sundays.

I got off *early* from work and found you guys had already met. Boo and I missed out. He and I have gotten to level 9 and done Nasher (as Nuli said you guys did).
Back to top Go down
Shal

Shal

PostSubject: Re: Possible Hell party?   Possible Hell party? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14 2010, 10:57

Abri: The time was set in previous posts (Noon EST) and it seemed compatible with the majority of the players (finding one time for 5+ players to all meet up being nearly impossible). Everyone was there, Boo included, except you due to having to work. Boo left us about 2/3 of the way through our run and we continued...meaning we didn't really "leave her out". We could have stopped there, but there was still 4 of us wishing to proceed, and I think it fair that 1 or 2 people not hold up a majority and that those missing out can catch up later (as you guys did, and congrats).

Like I said, thought it was clear on the meet time especially how we all, barring you, met at precisely noon ready to kick butt.

Sucks that you had to work...maybe we can figure out a new time? Rom had mentioned something like possibly 2 EST...would two hours later help?

Ending XP after beating Nasher was I believe 38,000, but I'll check today to make sure.
Back to top Go down
Abriymoch

PostSubject: Re: Possible Hell party?   Possible Hell party? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14 2010, 14:34

Bah... I really need to take time to read more clearly. Sorry for the confusion.
Back to top Go down
Shal

Shal

PostSubject: Re: Possible Hell party?   Possible Hell party? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14 2010, 16:01

No probs at all....like i said though, would it help if we moved it back a few hours? Maybe 2, 3, 4 EST?
Back to top Go down
Nuli

PostSubject: Re: Possible Hell party?   Possible Hell party? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14 2010, 18:01

Every few Sundays I wont be able to stay the whole time if we move it back a few hours because I play in a tabeltob RPG on Sundays as well.

Just an FYI

Nuli
Back to top Go down
Shal

Shal

PostSubject: Re: Possible Hell party?   Possible Hell party? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14 2010, 19:46

Yes, but you play 4th edition, which is an abomination, so it shouldn't count.

*wink*
Back to top Go down
Nuli

PostSubject: Re: Possible Hell party?   Possible Hell party? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14 2010, 22:09

Ha ha no we switched to playing Savage Worlds b/c the guy that runs our game hates 4E.
Back to top Go down
Abriymoch

PostSubject: Re: Possible Hell party?   Possible Hell party? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15 2010, 01:05

No, no. I can do that early. Just had assumed it'd be later in the day.

I don't open until 11 (1 est) anyway, so even an hours play works wonders.
Back to top Go down
Warchief

Warchief

PostSubject: Re: Possible Hell party?   Possible Hell party? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17 2010, 23:02

If possible would we be able to change the time to about 1pm? I normally have church on sunday mornings and I may not be back in time for 12pm. If so thanks and if not then I may be a little late but will still try and make it on time.
Back to top Go down
Shal

Shal

PostSubject: Re: Possible Hell party?   Possible Hell party? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18 2010, 10:58

Okay, so for June 20th's run, we start at 1 pm EST!

We should all be around 38,000xp (give or take), 9th level, and have defeated Nasher the foul orc.

If anyone has any questions or issues, please let us all know, otherwise I look forward to taking on Shard and her foul minions with you all!

What an Adventure!
Back to top Go down
Abriymoch

PostSubject: Re: Possible Hell party?   Possible Hell party? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18 2010, 16:30

Woohoo!

Having had to do D1 and D2 alone (silly me), I found and saved a Hardy Helm, Shadow Boots and 2 Strong Shields for you tank players!
Back to top Go down
Warchief

Warchief

PostSubject: Re: Possible Hell party?   Possible Hell party? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24 2010, 16:55

I will not be able to make it this week due to other obligations or at least I will be an hour or two late dunno yet.
Back to top Go down
Rom

PostSubject: Re: Possible Hell party?   Possible Hell party? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26 2010, 09:25

Fellow Adventurers! This is a farewell post for Rom the Adventurer! Rom The Adventurer was designed to be a PM tank. It turns out that the PM class cannot advance under the Adventurer!'s hardcore charter, and some critical epic feats for PM are disabled in the current Knights Templar module, which effectively makes PM a forbidden class.

A brief account of the short misadventure: Rom The Adventurer took the first level of PM at level 16. Right after the first level of PM is taken, heals stopped working, the altar stopped AC buffing, wells stopped healing/restoring, and Brother Michael's restore becomes a positive energy attack. For a hardcore adventurer, the character is dead because he cannot heal with death potion, which is not available below d5. Death potion is available from d5 and on, which corresponds to levels 20 and up. Therefore, the adventure is over at level 16 for the character.

Then, just for curiosity, Rom The Advendurer! secured some death potions from a seasoned adventurer and after a long and arduous journey finally reached level 34 when he took the 16th level of PM. He took "Mummy Dust" as an epic spell during the level-up. But it wasn't meant to be, as he saw no mummy but only dust (with a message "Failed!") when the spell was cast. It is the nature of a PM to have low AB without noteworthy spells. Now that the epic spell Mummy Dust is taken away from him, the PM cannot damage monsters (reads "can't level"). So long fellow Adventurers! Rom The Adventurer! is bowing out the second time, and for good.

p.s. Sarah-The character will be left on the server for a few days before scrapping if you would like to test the class.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Possible Hell party?   Possible Hell party? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26 2010, 10:46

The PM was heavily edited to remove the high AC tank technique. If I design monsters that have a decent chance against a high AC PM, then those monsters never miss anything else. If, on the other hand, I design monsters to be somewhat reasonable against non-PM builds, the PM is almost never hit. In other words, it creates a nearly unbeatable team with the PM blocking melee. For playability purposes, the PM was "nerfed."

On the other hand, I'm willing to work on the PM abilities to make them more effective. I'll take a look at that next chance I get (I've been sick lately as well as very busy).
Back to top Go down
Abriymoch

PostSubject: Re: Possible Hell party?   Possible Hell party? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27 2010, 01:47

Sarah the DM wrote:
The PM was heavily edited to remove the high AC tank technique.
Hehe, I can state for a fact that even with 114 Completely buffed AC and 50% concealment (Dex Tank here) you still get hit like a brick wall in D15 and D16. (That's with Improved Expertise, so - 10 to AB and hitting less). This is Fighter/RDD build, with 74 AB before Imp. Expertise. A PM Tank would only have comparable AC if it were dexterity based (and Epic Warding, since it can't get AC buffed). Even then, their AB becomes so low (combined with the fact they can't heal) I think It's a fair trade off.

Give PMs their Epics back, they could use them, for sure.

Their Undead summons could use some beefing up as well. Leveld a PM to 60 (to test it), and Even after defeating D15 with some friends, the Summons didnt get better than they were when i was at level 40, and had no keys at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible Hell party?   Possible Hell party? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible Hell party?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2