Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

the DarkFire spell backfires

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Koelenis

Koelenis

the DarkFire spell backfires Empty
PostSubject: the DarkFire spell backfires   the DarkFire spell backfires Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2009, 17:34

It's supposed to enchant a melee weapon with a flaming on-hit property, similar to the oil, but recently stopped working correctly. I say recently because my hammer still has a level 19 enchant that doesn't ever expire, and when I try to replace it, I take (or give, if I try to buff someone else) 7 points of fire damage. Since spell is not normally offensive, there's no spell failure within city limits.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: the DarkFire spell backfires   the DarkFire spell backfires Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29 2009, 22:34

I didn't test it extensively, but I think darkfire is fixed now. Please try again and post your findings here.
Back to top Go down
Koelenis

Koelenis

PostSubject: Re: the DarkFire spell backfires   the DarkFire spell backfires Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30 2009, 17:34

Ouch! 7 fire damage, and my hammer still has the "temporary" on hit fire damage lvl 19. It will go up to lvl 29 or more when starts to work again.

There's no error message when I cast the spell.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: the DarkFire spell backfires   the DarkFire spell backfires Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30 2009, 22:01

Please try it on a regular weapon, one that hasn't already had the bad darkfire spell on it. I recommend a non-magical longsword or something.
Back to top Go down
Koelenis

Koelenis

PostSubject: Re: the DarkFire spell backfires   the DarkFire spell backfires Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31 2009, 18:43

No change in Darkfire's behavior yet. I bought a couple blades from Marty to start from scratch to make sure, one was non-magical, the other a +1 longsword just to make sure. Casting the spell directly on the weapon results in no noticeable effect, but casting on a person still does small fire damage. No error message is being produced.
Back to top Go down
Koelenis

Koelenis

PostSubject: ah, thanks, Darkfire working properly now   the DarkFire spell backfires Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2009, 11:56

Now I can enchant an ITEM to do fire damage instead of doing damage when I use the spell Smile

Thanks Sarah
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: the DarkFire spell backfires   the DarkFire spell backfires Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09 2009, 01:53

So you're saying you're satisfied with the spell now? It should work if you cast it on yourself or another person. In that case, it should search through right hand, left hand, and gloves for an item to enchant. If you cast it on a weapon or gloves, it will add the temporary fire effect to that item. It's supposed to be about 2x as powerful as flame weapon.
Back to top Go down
Koelenis

Koelenis

PostSubject: Works great   the DarkFire spell backfires Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10 2009, 01:55

Haha, I meant can actually buff something or someone instead of doing damage to them. Simply put, some poor waitress found out about the downside of a broken spell until I was reformed by doing prison time. All better now, the spell works great, although Kha seems to find it a bit uncomfortable lately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the DarkFire spell backfires   the DarkFire spell backfires Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the DarkFire spell backfires
Page 1 of 1