Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Future of Knights Templar Mod

Go down 
+4
DarkSky
El Gabardine
Zak
Sarah the DM
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarah the DM

Future of Knights Templar Mod Empty
PostSubject: Future of Knights Templar Mod   Future of Knights Templar Mod Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21 2010, 21:38

So, who is still playing the mod and visiting the forum?

I don't have any plans to shut off Knights Templar as long as players still show up, but NWN1 is definitely past its prime. There are rumors of a NWN3. I would love the chance to port KT to a newer game engine, but who knows when that will occur? Nevertheless, I'll keep the server running for as long as people keep showing up. I'll also implement minor changes if players wish. Thanks to all who have been my guests all these years!
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Future of Knights Templar Mod   Future of Knights Templar Mod Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21 2010, 22:24

http://www.playneverwinter.com/

This looks like it might be the future of the Knights Templar mod! It appears to be focused on persistent world designs.
Back to top Go down
Zak

PostSubject: Re: Future of Knights Templar Mod   Future of Knights Templar Mod Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23 2010, 13:23

+1 for your effort Sarah Smile I still do visit KT every now and then, the handwork youve done there is just something amazing. I checked out the link you put, seems quite nice =) Ive been waiting for something like NWN for ages since, in my opinion, NWN 2 never was that good.
Back to top Go down
El Gabardine

PostSubject: Re: Future of Knights Templar Mod   Future of Knights Templar Mod Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23 2010, 19:19

cool link ! When we moving ? . . . heeheehe Smile
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

PostSubject: Re: Future of Knights Templar Mod   Future of Knights Templar Mod Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25 2010, 19:27

YES!! Very nice, lets go... cheers
Back to top Go down
Nuli

PostSubject: Re: Future of Knights Templar Mod   Future of Knights Templar Mod Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12 2010, 04:36

I dunno how much you all will like the new Neverwinter..its based on 4E D&D and thus completely incompatible with the current game.

Nuli
Back to top Go down
El Gabardine

PostSubject: Re: Future of Knights Templar Mod   Future of Knights Templar Mod Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12 2010, 17:34

Not familiar with this edition . Is there a link to the players guide or other info describing the changes,Nuli ? If Sarah decides to move , there would be a complete wipe again -yes ?
Back to top Go down
Nuli

PostSubject: Re: Future of Knights Templar Mod   Future of Knights Templar Mod Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12 2010, 19:49

would pretty much have to be, 4E has absolutley no compatibility with 3.0/3.5 D&D. I think there is a free starter on the www.wizards.com/D&D so you coulkd check out the play.

Nuli
Back to top Go down
El Gabardine

PostSubject: Re: Future of Knights Templar Mod   Future of Knights Templar Mod Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13 2010, 17:29

TY Smile
Back to top Go down
Wheatonrunner69
Admin
Wheatonrunner69

PostSubject: Re: Future of Knights Templar Mod   Future of Knights Templar Mod Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10 2011, 15:56

NWN1 may be past its prime, but I cant imagine the number of hours my brothers and I have poured into it over the last few years. KT has brought an immense amount of joy to many, and for that we thank you Sarah. Whichever direction you decide to take the server in I want you to know how much we all appreciate your hard work, and how much fun you have brought to the adventurers of KT. If there is anything in the future that we can help with, please dont hesitate to ask.

Many, many thanks,
-Wheatonrunner69
Back to top Go down
RedDragon90

RedDragon90

PostSubject: Re: Future of Knights Templar Mod   Future of Knights Templar Mod Icon_minitimeThu May 05 2011, 20:21

I am so ready for this new game to come out. I have been playing NWN 2 lately and while the graphics, classes, gameplay etc... are better than neverwinter knights 1, nothing is better than KT. So I find myself having returned to neverwinter knights 1 and my home away from home, Knights Templar.

Sarah, Have you looked into the neverwinter nights 2 toolset? It seems pretty managable and I think if you converted to NWN 2 not only would all your current players and the vets who still visit follow, But a new group of players would come. I have played EVERY action server in the list on NWN2 and I can truly see why they are all empty... They SUCK!! even dungeon eternalm I made it to level 30 in like an hour and a half.

I just love your servers and I think I speak for all of us when I say I don't wanna see it end with NWN1, its too great!
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Future of Knights Templar Mod   Future of Knights Templar Mod Icon_minitimeTue May 10 2011, 12:44

I'd consider a NWN2 version of KT if there was demand for it.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Future of Knights Templar Mod   Future of Knights Templar Mod Icon_minitimeTue May 10 2011, 19:11

I ordered NWN2 from Amazon. It's certainly affordable now. I'll check out the toolset, but I'm concerned about performance. If I can streamline the code, then maybe it will be worth investing the time in.
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

PostSubject: Re: Future of Knights Templar Mod   Future of Knights Templar Mod Icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 11:40

Well said RedDragon, I will be downloading NWN 2 AGAIN today and I hope it's better than at first. I can't see myself playing it unless a lot has changed. Thank you Sarah for giving us all a in game home and hours of play going into this and all the great dungeons/ items that you have created for us to do so with, if you move KT will be very much missed, in my book NO other nwn server comes close to Knights Templar.

I just hope this move is what you really want and it works out for all of us. Again, Thank you for all the years that you put into all the servers you gave us to play.

God Bless you all.
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

PostSubject: Re: Future of Knights Templar Mod   Future of Knights Templar Mod Icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 14:20

I just downloaded NWN 2 and im sorry to say I don't see myself playing NWN 2, NWN 1 is and will always be better game play for me. I hope things work out for you Sarah if you move over. You will be very much missed.

Giod Bkless you all.

Back to top Go down
zolltran

PostSubject: Re: Future of Knights Templar Mod   Future of Knights Templar Mod Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 09:06

I would like to play KT on NWN 2 as I find NWN very dated.

I have posted on the Neverwinter Facebook page that we want it to be based on independent DM driven persistent servers and I am sure they will listen Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

PostSubject: Re: Future of Knights Templar Mod   Future of Knights Templar Mod Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12 2011, 01:57

I don't care for NWN2 and never will... From what I been told by friends more people are coming back to NWN1... NWN1 will never die if we don't let it. Smile

Got new computer going and (NWN1) downloaded hope to be back playing more often. I miss the good old days even if it was pvp now and then. Let's bring it all back please Question Miss you all.

God Bless you all.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Future of Knights Templar Mod   Future of Knights Templar Mod Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12 2011, 04:30

It's great to see you back on NWN, Dark. I hope the regulars show back up. This is a chance for me to check out a new concept for Knights Templar before Neverwinter is released by Cryptic. If Neverwinter turns out to be reasonably close to NWN for persistent world development, I'll port Knights Templar over.

The modified NWN module name is Knights Templar -- Two Cities. It will show up on the server list as simply Two Cities, because the full name is too long. My concept is to remove the KT murderer and thief distinctions. Everything is now based on alignment. If a good player kills evil players, that's considered good (and vice versa).

Why is alignment important? Because the new version will split players into two teams, good and evil. Neutrals will likely be able to play both sides, but they won't exactly be treated favorably by either. I'm going to have to create evil merchants, NPCs, etc. Evil players will be based in Necropolis, while good players will fight from Templar City.

I'm getting rid of the dungeon keys. Portals will be based on character level, not keys. The two sides will be separated by many dungeons, and the new dungeons will be populated with good and evil creatures who will fight each other and the players. Higher level characters will be able to port further out from their own city toward the enemy. Lower levels will have to work their way through the dungeons.

Fortunately, I don't see a lot of changes to the items, but I'm going to have to create an array of good creatures to face off against evil players in the dungeons. At this point, I don't think I'll need to delete any of the old characters, but I might make a script to delete unnecessary items, like the dungeon keys.

Last edited by Sarah the DM on Sun Jun 12 2011, 23:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

PostSubject: Re: Future of Knights Templar Mod   Future of Knights Templar Mod Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12 2011, 23:06

Been on KT, for some reason I had really bad lag unlike before, going to reinstall nwn again.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Future of Knights Templar Mod   Future of Knights Templar Mod Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12 2011, 23:38

Until I have more time to work on the changes, new evil players won't be able to do much. Established evil players who already have items should be able to play a bit, but they'll have no way to get potions until I add evil merchants in Necropolis. Good and neutral players should be able to play the same areas as before. Good players will no doubt want to attack the evil merchants once established, and they'll need to protect the Templars from similar attacks by evil players. If you kill the NPCs, they respawn after a time, but it's a good way to disable the other side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future of Knights Templar Mod   Future of Knights Templar Mod Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Future of Knights Templar Mod
Page 1 of 1