Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"Weapon Destroyed..." script

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zog2

Zog2

"Weapon Destroyed..." script Empty
PostSubject: "Weapon Destroyed..." script   "Weapon Destroyed..." script Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19 2008, 04:37

Has anyone else had this script destroy weapons for no apparent reason?

ie. equip a weapon just one time, and it gets destroyed

If so... can you post telling anything you think may be relevant ...such as lag, ping time, where you are in the world
For me... the ping to KT (from Austalia) is always at least about 250ms

It's happened to me a few times (and yes: I have been in touch with Sarah via email). Losing a couple of low level weapons (less than Lvl 60) or with maybe only 1 gem or a couple of enhancement boosts on them is fine -- but when today I lost a fully buffed Sword of the Spirit, things get a little disheartening.

Maybe I'll re-subscribe to WoW or something Sad
Back to top Go down
Clive Forumposter

Clive Forumposter

PostSubject: Re: "Weapon Destroyed..." script   "Weapon Destroyed..." script Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19 2008, 04:55

I have had a weapon destroy itself. The way it happened to me was that I had a couple of different damage swords asssigned to quick slots and as I swapped each one it started counting down, I had about 5 swaps then a message that read soemthing like "weapon exchange limited reached, weapon destroyed." and the one I had just swapped to went bye bye.

I've since tried it a few times with a few different characters and never encountered the same problem again. But to be on the safe side I don't put weapons into quick slots anymore.
Back to top Go down
Zog2

Zog2

PostSubject: Re: "Weapon Destroyed..." script   "Weapon Destroyed..." script Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19 2008, 04:59

Yeah -- after a chat with Sarah a month or so ago I have not used hotkeys to change weapons.

I can understand why players should not swap weapons more than once per round (... NWN bug).

My problem is when I equip a weapon one time, and it vanishes to this script ...which has happened to me a couple of times in the past couple of days
Back to top Go down
Zog2

Zog2

PostSubject: Re: "Weapon Destroyed..." script   "Weapon Destroyed..." script Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24 2008, 08:21

OK...
Just lost another weapon to this script
Took a screen shot, which you can find (zipped to about 500kB) at
http://h1.badwaresite.www/zog/Knights%20Templar_0000b.zip

I'd just killed the Head Knight of Ni dual weilding 2x Cold short swords.
Looted the bags/treasure in the area.
Stood around for a couple of minutes ...so well out of combat.
I re-buffed a little ....all without changing weapons
Moved on into d9, Crypts
Moved towards one of the Mummy rooms.

Decided to stop using Cold damage, and change to Fire, so pulled my main hand weapon to inventory ...which automatically switches my off-hand weapon into my main hand
...and lost the weapon which switched from my off-hand to my main hand

I scrolled back (15 full screen pages) to the start of the Ni boss fight and saw a "caution" message ...when I'd switched out my Fire sword:
http://h1.badwaresite.www/zog/Knights%20Templar_0001a.zip
There were probably 5-10 minutes between these ...how long does the counter need to go back? ...surely not that far.

There were no other players on the server at the time.
The ping was about 245ms

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: "Weapon Destroyed..." script   "Weapon Destroyed..." script Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24 2008, 08:37

I'll see what I can do to figure it out. The variable that counts your weapon swaps should be clearing out after 1 round of game time if you don't swap the weapon.

I swap weapons all the time and have never even reached the warning message, so something really strange is going on here. You must be doing something different that isn't resetting the count properly.

That's the deal with scripting. Little bugs seems to come out of unexpected actions. I definitely sympathize and will do whatever I can to stop it from accidentally deleting weapons.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: "Weapon Destroyed..." script   "Weapon Destroyed..." script Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24 2008, 08:39

BTW, it's possible the character itself is somehow bugged. Has this happened with multiple characters or just this one? What type of character is it? When you were buffing, did you cast any spells on your weapons? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Zog2

Zog2

PostSubject: Re: "Weapon Destroyed..." script   "Weapon Destroyed..." script Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24 2008, 08:47

This was on my new Ranger/Shadowdancer.
This was the first time this char had lost a weapon to this.
The weapon had Greater Magic Weapon cast on it -- but other weapons that I've lost from other chars didn't have that.

Just about all of my melee chars have lost weapons to this script at some stage.
The main reason I started with this char was because I'd lost the big weapon on my pally, heh
Back to top Go down
Zog2

Zog2

PostSubject: Re: "Weapon Destroyed..." script   "Weapon Destroyed..." script Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24 2008, 09:05

Sarah -- no rush ...go and do well in your RL stuff!
I don't know why this bug is hitting me ...but I'm not "angry" about it as such.

This mod suits me really well, with lots of little additions that make things all the more fun.

There'll be a reason out there somewhere ...we'll find it Smile

I'm also heading down the coast this weekend ...tomorrow is the first day since last summer that it's forecast to hit 30degC, and I'm certainly not staying in the city for that ...when there are nice beaches out there ...even if the water won't be particularly warm yet ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Weapon Destroyed..." script   "Weapon Destroyed..." script Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Weapon Destroyed..." script
Page 1 of 1