Knights Templar NWN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Templar NWN

A forum for the Knights Templar mod for Neverwinter Nights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Far East Server

Go down 
+12
fossil101
TimelessShadow
Nuli
werehound
Knoxal
GammaGm
GPharaoh
DarkSky
Zog2
pugz
tomcat
Sarah the DM
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sarah the DM

Far East Server - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 05 2009, 11:33

What's My IP Address? Your IP is 66.249.73.228

Switched to a much better/faster router and still waiting on the static IP to come through. I started working on updating KT.

Sorry about the server in the USA. I'll send an email and ask that it be reset.
Back to top Go down
fossil101

fossil101

PostSubject: Far East   Far East Server - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 05 2009, 11:46

Thanks Sarah for all your doing to help us. I cant get in with new ip but will keep trying. Pugs Tony and Dark have also tried and will keep trying. I will go to Knights Templar and forward IP info to others. Gramma
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 05 2009, 12:10

It's amazing how people come together the way we all have, we may be worlds apart but friends we all will be until the end, we will NOT give up on you or KT for it's our home away from home and we love your work and KT.

God Bless you Sarah and for giving us this great place to come and forget our troubles for a while. Like a Star @ heaven

DarkSky
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 05 2009, 12:39

I'm spending a lot of time and money to try and get this new server running. Believe me, I thought about dropping Neverwinter Nights all together, especially since so many other people are having issues with it. It's the players who keep me trying.

IF I can get this server going, I'll be around to check on it and DM it regularly. I'll also revamp the module. So far I've tried two different routers and numerous settings, and it actually looks like I took a step backward. People could at least occasionally direct connect with the old router.

I bugged my ISP about this to no end, and they are pretty much out of ideas. I think NWN itself is a big part of the problem. There's something rotten there, as the Bioware NWN forums can attest.

Anyway, please be patient. I hope to have a static IP in a week. My ISP has even offered to send someone by to try and figure it out. I'd just hate to go to all this trouble only to find out I only have a couple regulars left...
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 05 2009, 12:56

Sarah I know this is a pain for you and we can't thank you enough, please don't leave us. If you need help in anything we are here for you.

For the people (regulars) we will never give up NO matter how long this takes. Please remember friends forever.

DarkSky
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 05 2009, 12:58

For some strange reason, my router says this is my IP, but "what's my ip" on the net is giving me the other address. Try connecting to this one instead.
Back to top Go down
pugz

pugz

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 05 2009, 13:33

sarah removed the knights ammy and janitor brooach on the far east server.... so now the best class builds will be dd and rdd's???? i see alot of monk builds on the way also.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 05 2009, 13:34

No more crimson monks either. All the guilds are removed. Please let me know if you find bugs. Expect a lot more changes soon.
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 06 2009, 12:53

Thank you. The "Rod of Detection" isn't working, it's not telling us our level and how much until next level but it is telling us if we are wanted or not. If you know about this will you be fixing it or is it a goner also. I can't wait to see more of DX, I love that you added Giants, I see Old Karl is still looking for his victims. affraid

Again Thank you!

DarkSky
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08 2009, 07:47

I'm literally going through KT area by area, script by script. It's going to introduce some bugs until I have a chance to correct them.

My goal is to return to more of a DX/DX2 style of play. Part of that is the intentional use of smaller maps to force characters into closer quarters.
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08 2009, 11:29

You are you doing a very good job at making KT a great place for us to play, take your time and have fun doing it cause we love playing there.

Are you going to be adding to KT the new changes or making a new module all together? I hope adding to KT but what ever you do will be for the best I'm sure.

Will you please look into the Rod of Detection when you have time... Or post a list of levels past 40... Rolling Eyes

Thank you and be safe in your new home.

God Bless you Like a Star @ heaven

DarkSky
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08 2009, 18:24

Yes, I'll look into the detection thing. I took a quick glance at it last night, but my character wasn't over level 40.

I'm not making an entirely new module. I'm just revamping the existing one so that there are more options. Smaller areas is one of the things I liked about DX2. I think it brings a level of suspense to play when you don't have huge areas to run around in, as enemies (other players) could show up at any time.

Anyway, I have a considerable list of things to do. I'd rather spring it on you all at once, so it might be a couple weeks to a month before I load it on the new server.
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 12 2009, 12:34

The rod of detection will tell your level but not after level 40...

Keep up the great work and know I am one that will be there to play and test if needed. Thank you for the time that you put into KT making it a cool place to be.

cheers

DarkSky
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 14 2009, 12:11

Is Far East down or is it just me? going Mad here affraid

DarkSky
Back to top Go down
rexfilius

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 14 2009, 17:20

Unfortunately, both servers have been down all day. Shocked
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 15 2009, 11:05

I was ask to post this new IP for you guys, I hope to see you there soon.

DarkSky
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 23 2009, 03:58

I'm continuing to make progress on the revamped Knights Templar module. Brew potion, scribe scroll, and craft wand are enabled now. The potions are reworked, so the original versions (in your inventory), won't work. Sell them and buy some new ones. I added scrolls and more healing/restoration potions to loot.

This is going to be a long process. Please bear with me as I go through the entire module. The end result should be one where the dungeons are more interesting, the monsters less insanely difficult, and the player feats/skills more useful.
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 23 2009, 04:00

Be sure to check out the new Link Token. It allows you to create a link to a particular location, so you can return to it later.
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 23 2009, 04:10

I tryed the Link Token but I couldn't get it to work will keep trying.

I made a druid and her summon don't work and the ones from misty's shop dosen't work ? Is casters out of summon's now? affraid

DarkSky
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 23 2009, 06:13

My fault on the summons. I was in the process of rewriting the summoning spells. I'll fix that asap.

I tested the link token, and it should work. The first time you use it, the original token should be destroyed and a new token should be created in your inventory. This new token transports you to the location you designated. It's my first attempt at an item to perform this function. In this case, the link is broken if the server is restarted. I'm kind of stuck (indecision) on whether I want to give an unlimited number of link points/tokens, or limit you to just one. If I do just one at a time, I could make it permanent (the link survives server resets).
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 23 2009, 15:35

Thank you for fixing summons and the Link thing is very nice thank you.

The changes will take a lot of time getting used too and in time we will.

DarkSky
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 25 2009, 06:48

I'm making excellent progress this weekend. I just finished writing custom coding to allow thieves to temporarily disarm the persistent traps (like the cleric Find Traps spell). I'm now working on custom trap kits. I just don't like the "average", "strong", "deadly", and "epic" classifications used by Bioware. I plan to make the DC levels of the temporary (player set) traps be determined by the skill of the rogue setting them.

I finally finished reworking D1 and am working on D2. The revised dungeons will hopefully have more unique experiences than simply bashing on monsters (although there will still be plenty of that if you like bashing monsters).
Back to top Go down
DarkSky

DarkSky

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 25 2009, 14:02

Nice, I may have a rogue in the making. What a Face

Thank you for the changes, can't wait for more. cheers

DarkSky
Back to top Go down
harmjustice

harmjustice

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 25 2009, 21:34

I like to see changes... It is good Smile I do notice somethings not working right... Heal potion does not heal full it takes 5 or more to get to full health that is very sad, I hope you can give us some healz that work again soon...

Also your store @ red dragon looks like you was gonna make it to sell one or 5 potions @ a time but instead it is one and one confused ...

other then that I love the link stone it works great...
Back to top Go down
Sarah the DM

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 26 2009, 21:15

Fixes (next update):

Mage Staff won't stack the same properties when updated.

Quantity of potions in Red Dragon Inn, Hall of Mirrors, and Midnight Store fixed (quantity size 1 and 10).

Heal potions/spells power increased significantly, both base healing power and heal skill bonus. My goal is to level out all of the healing spells, so they are progress more reasonably. Spells like cure light, cure serious, etc. were pretty much worthless at medium and high character levels. Now all of the curing spells do far more healing than the default Bioware potions EXCEPT for heal. Heal is reduced to act like the next step in the cure spell progression.

Could someone please check the Bucket o' Healing to ensure it still gives the full heal it advertises?

Please continue to post any detected flaws, and I will fix them. My plans (in order):

- Add free traps for rogues (like empty potion bottles and priest supplies).

- Continue transferring all spells into my own master spell function. No spells should stack similar effects. Please watch spells very carefully as I could introduce bugs in the transfer process.

- Rework all monsters to remove immunities except where part of monster type (ie undead immune to crit), lower HP, etc.

- Revise dungeon levels along lines of D1 (smaller areas, more unique effects, additional plots, etc).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Far East Server   Far East Server - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Far East Server
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next